Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, September 19, 2008

I Made It!

Last night I found myself driving over the new 35W bridge. It's very bizarre, considering other than being horrified at the news when it came crashing down unexpectedly one year ago, it really didn't effect my life that much simply because I rarely have a reason to use it and thankfully I didn't know anyone that went down with it. Well, last night's Silpada party brought me over to that side of town, and all of a sudden, there I was. I came over the bend and realized as I approached the wavy monolith-type memorial thing that I was indeed driving on hallowed ground. They have that memorial on both sides of the bridge as you are coming on and going off. Something weird came over me and before I even knew it I was crossing myself as I left the bridge behind! And I'm not even catholic! When I went back over it later that night the memorials were lit up a ghostly blue--it was quite the sight, I have to say. Definitely makes you think. Vivian was worried when she heard I was taking that route, but I wasn't--heck, I figure it couldn't be any safer than it is the day it was rebuilt!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home