Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to my friend Kim!

It's Kim's birthday! I love what Stephanie says-- "That's so Maven!" (she is the Maven of Mischief, after all...) And Oh, the Mischief. I honestly don't know what I'd do without the magic of my Kim in my life. Unfortunately because of schedules and overall life, I don't get to see her nearly enough--but a good dose of Kim is definitely what's needed more often than not. For her birthday I thought I'd give you a nice photo album tour of my silly friend...

This may be my all-time favorite shot. It brings back an evening where I laughed so hard I thought I would pass out! The story is a bit long to re-live here but let's just say it involved a tuft of hair that Stephanie pulled surprisingly from her head after a bout with a power tool. (again, long story!) We had just finished a Feminine Hijinx episode and were already giggly...this just put us over the edge. This wad of hair ended up everywhere...and I mean EVERYWHERE. Good times my friends, good times.

Speaking of the podcast, starting that thing up eventually led to Kim and I's stint on FM107's Undiscovered Divas contest. Alas, we didn't win...but we did make it to the finals and had a one hour live show. It was both scary and exciting. Alas again, there could be only 2 of us on the show so one of the Hijinx Minxes had to stay home...both Kim and Stephanie were arguing over who WOULDN'T have to do it with me! Kim ended up being the more willing one, so there she was. She did an awesome job and I dare say we had a blast. It's fun to say we did it, anyway!

Ahh, the Which Witch party. Kim had remembered me mentioning how much I used to love this game as a kid and how excited I was when I finally remembered what it was called! She surprised me with the game that she had found on ebay for my 40th birthday. She and Stephanie had quite the ruse going, making me believe we were heading out for a night on the town and instead ended up at Kim's for a game night. Woo hoo! Yummy comfort/game food prepared by Steph, decorations, and two not-so-willing but very generous friends playing not one but two games with me. Now THAT'S friendship.

And this is what happens after a night of games and drink and Kim. Come to think of it, this was another bit of hair that ended up EVERYWHERE. huh.

After an afternoon or evening tipping back a few beers or glasses of wine, you can expect Kim to start up on her dirty dancing. No one puts this Baby in the corner!!

I will leave you with this image of Kim and I walking the streets of New York City (the most fabulous and memorable trip with she and Stephanie!) with our hands on each other's tushies. Just some more of the Maven's mischief--there is never a dull moment when she's around!

So Happy, Happy Birthday to Kim! May the Mischief be with you!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hee Hee! My cheeks hurt from smiling so big. That was really fun! What a perfect gift my friend, Thank you!
    Love and Stuff, Kim

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Awww, you're welcome! You deserve it! You often make my cheeks hurt too....;-)

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Happy Birthday Maven!! Haha, fabulous pictures, some good laughs over the years, fo sho. Canadian Belt Buckle! (That's on my highlight list right now...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home